For the makers and artists, this episode is for you!
Get inspired by a maker who started creating products from her kitchen and has expanded her business nationwide in just over two years.
Our guest is Kristy Miller, founder of ‘The Scented Market’ – a candle company that uses natural, sustainably-sourced ingredients to produce a healthier option to typical store-bought candles. She recognized a lack of healthy, beautiful soy wax candles in the industry and decided to create this product herself.
Kristy was born and raised in Guelph, Ontario Canada. Now a busy mom of 3 boys, she has learned to find balance between family and business while still positively motivating her female community.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- You don’t need to create a brand new invention to start a product business. You can improve an existing product just by solving an unmet need.
- Growing your audience on Instagram
- Gaining traction with influencers and with PR
- Wholesale expansion
- Tips on pitching to the Dragons for “The Dragons Den” (Canadian version of Shark Tank) or similar funding opportunities
To learn more about Kristy, visit:
- Follow The Scented Market on IG and FB: @thescentedmarket
Other links mentioned:
- Jennifer Singh: @shesnewsworthy, www.shesnewsworthy.com